Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Now

Sorry that it's been so long...I've been enjoying the summer and kids so much that I've been completely negligent of my business and this blog.

Over the last few months, I made a commitment to spend more time in the moment to get the most out of life. So lately, I've been listening, tasting, touching, smelling, reflecting and engaging ME in everything that I do. I've also spent some time organizing so that I can live in the moment and boy has that made life easier!

I've often spent time frustrated or feeling disappointed about some "thing" that I wasn't able to complete off of my Daily or Life To-Do lists. A few weeks ago, I realized that I spent so much time thinking about the "what I would've done differently" and "what I will do in the future" that I was missing everything that was going on around me.

What was the turning point you ask? Well...after multiple pleas for a game of dolls from my six year old, I realized that one day she may not be as eager to spend time with me, and could possibly want nothing to with me, and only everything to do with her friends as most teens do. So, I decided to take advantage of "now" because I may never get another opportunity to do "now" later.

How do you live in the "now"?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you've been taking the time to just enjoy summer and your adorable children. I know what you mean about taking advantage of now because they grow up so fast. Kai has this book called "Let me HOld you Longer" and I couldn't read it while I was pregnant because I'd cry my way through the whole thing. I still have a hard time getting through it without my eyes watering up.

    I think being in the now and gratitude are the major keys to happiness. It's not easy but when I do focus on these things life seems kinda magical. Miss you all! Looking forward to our next visit.

    ReplyDelete