Sunday, April 11, 2010

When Was The Last Time That You Enjoyed Something This Much?













I always have so much fun watching my kids discover and enjoy life. If you're a parent I'm sure you know that children can find enjoyment in the smallest of things that we usually take for granted.

Last month, my son turned 1 and as a treat we allowed him to have his first cone of ice cream. At first, I tried to guide him with a spoon so that he didn't make a mess and I guess on a subconscious level, it was another parental responsibility that I was fulfilling by teaching him about "the way things should be" but he ended up teaching me something...

Now although, I wouldn't stick my head and face inside of an ice cream cone, he reminded me that it is okay to let your hair down, be in the moment and just enjoy something...
When was the last time that you allowed yourself to enjoy something this much?

No comments:

Post a Comment